30 Lumpkin Street, Ste. A | Lawrenceville, Georgia 30046
Stepp Law, Attorneys and Counselors at Law
Call For A Consultation 678-987-8490

Diligent Lawrenceville Lawyer Advocates for Modification of Prior Court Orders

Richard Stepp helps protect your court-ordered rights

Once a marriage ends and a court issues a final order, both spouses have obligations and rights. If your former spouse violates the conditions of the court order — or if you have failed to follow the order — how can you protect yourself? We at Stepp Law have vast experience in filing and defending motions for contempt of court, and we apply this knowledge gained over nearly 20 years of legal practice to help you protect your court-ordered rights.

Motions for contempt

When the recipient of a court order fails to fulfill his or her obligations, the affected person may file a motion for contempt of court. These motions are most typically filed in the following types of cases:

  • Failing to pay child support
  • Denying of visitation rights
  • Disobeying the court-approved parenting plan
  • Failing to divide marital property per a court order

If a party to a court order is found to be in contempt, he or she may be ordered to pay any money owed, fined attorneys’ fees, or even imprisoned, depending on the seriousness of the violation of the court order. In order to defend your and your child’s rights under a court order, it is important to obtain the advice of an experienced divorce attorney.

Modification of prior court orders

Generally speaking, marital property and debt division orders cannot be changed; however, other orders involving child custody, support, and visitation may be modified if the need arises. Seasoned attorney Richard Stepp brings nearly 20 years of courtroom experience as a divorce attorney to the negotiating table to modify court orders to best suit your needs.

Contact our Lawrenceville office for a free initial phone consultation

When a court order needs enforcement or modification, you can call Stepp Law to help you protect your court-ordered rights. As skilled negotiators who get results, we are not afraid to go to court to help you modify existing court orders to accommodate changed circumstances in your family’s life. Call Stepp Law at 678-987-8490 or contact us online to speak with our experienced divorce attorneys.

Contact Form

Contact Form

Please fill out the form below to contact the firm or call our office at 678-987-8490 to make an appointment.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.